Sunday, October 23, 2011

Back from Chicago Jewelry Show

 We pulled into the jewelry show at about 10:45 yesterday morning and everyone was so excited to get there.  My Mom and I had never gone before so we had no idea what to expect...well...I found out that the older I get the less I like crowds and this was NOT the place to be for not liking crowds.  You couldn't even walk without running into someone or not touching them! Then you have the women who are the "power shoppers" who have the pull behind luggage carts behind them and they were constantly running over your feet!  I wouldn't go back but you might love this...after 5-1/2 hours of wall to wall people and a purchase of nail polish and socks for my daughter, it was time to go home, eventhough we were ready after two hours to go... I had a great time hanging out with my Mom so it was well worth it!




Now I love a bargain just like everyone else but it just wasn't worth it to me to be in the middle of all these people to buy anything...My Mom and I felt like human bobbleheads because we didn't konw where to look or stop first there were so many jewelry, socks, clothes, scarves, beads, purses, hats, and TONS of it that were at this show...All I was looking for were some crafty items to look at and the only thing that satisfied me was the purchase of some pretty scarves to dress up my craft tables...I did love looking at ALL the beads and crystals the vendors were selling and if you are a jewelry maker, THIS is the place to go and buy your beads!  I did try on a cute Koala Bear hat and all of these cute hats caught my eye too and of course the little furry animals that you will see below.



I love Koala Bears so I just HAD to try on this hat..didn't end up buying it though because I was never a "hat" person but we had fun!


We were in this booth and I turned around and my Mom had this cute little rosette headband in her hair and I threw one in mine but you couldn't see mine - she didn't end up buying that either :-)


Speaking of hairpieces...look at the lady's head on the left...she had this little stuffed animal clipped to her head with 4 hair clips...not sure if she bought this and didn't want to lose it or didn't want to carry it?????  Or maybe it was her "good luck" shopping charm?



These hats and mittens were so cute and I just had to take pictures of them...Especially the Badgers!  This girl and her Dad started this company and if you have kids in college and they love to wear hats, I would definitely check out their website or their blog and buy some of these....they would be GREAT stocking stuffers for Christmas.  They are really high quality hats - I made her model them for me because she was just so darn cute and very personable.





Rosemont, IL




















          

No comments:

Post a Comment